Sunday, June 6, 2010

June 6, 2010 Start of a new blog.

My blog will be about how easy it can be to make a delicious meal or snack out of what most people already have in their refrigerators without having to go to a specialty store to search for crazy ingredients. In most cases I will use things like veggie cheese or soy milk because I'm lactose intolerant, and corn flour or buckwheat flour because I'm trying to stick to a gluten-free diet. However, for people with "normal" systems, most of my ingredients can be substituted with whatever happens to be in THEIR refrigerators, and my spur-of-the-moment meals can be just as easy to accomplish.

P.S. Living in South Louisiana, even dry ingredients, such as flour and nuts, are best kept in the refrigerator so that they do not become stale or attract insects. I find they last much longer that way.

Today's find: Red delicious apples and walnuts leftover in the fridge from Christmas baking.

My Waldorf Salad:
Minced red delicious apples (2)
toasted, minced walnuts (~2/3 cup)
pumpkin pie spice (?)
gran. fructose or sugar (1 tsp)
splash of orange juice
Spoon.


Enjoy.

1 comment:

  1. Since this post, I have tried the same recipe with chopped, toasted almonds, and it was delicious!

    ReplyDelete